How can you whiten your teeth without going to the dentist and complicated procedures? How to achieve white teeth at home?
Every person dreams to win over others with their snow-white smile while smiling. In modern conditions there are a lot of options to whiten teeth. And here it is important not to make a wrong choice.
After all, you want the chosen method to be safe, effective and relatively inexpensive. And with all this the result would be visible on the same day. In this article, we will tell you about the different ways to whiten teeth and their features, and about the most common questions patients ask before the procedure.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Teeth Whitening you should understand.
Whitening Your Teeth by Yourself
It is possible to whiten teeth at home without involving dentists in the process. Pharmacies have a huge selection of products that can whiten your teeth completely. The secret lies in hydrogen peroxide (or carbamide), which is an obligatory component of all whitening products.
Whitening gels, strips and pencils are widely available. Their use requires no special skills and they are very easy to apply. Such products act quickly enough.
In addition, they are very easy to use-you can take them to work, to travel; you can go about your business and whiten your teeth at the same time. The result of gel products can be seen after just a few uses. The tone of your teeth can be lightened by 3-4 points and the result usually lasts for a year.
The most popular brands of such products are Plus White, R.O.C.S., Crest.
You can also highlight home systems for whitening teeth. They are very similar to the technique used by dentists.
The complex includes a peroxide gel, a mouthpiece and an activating lamp. With these systems, it is possible to lighten the teeth by 4-5 tones, with the result lasting up to a year and a half. The best known systems are Zoom and Opalescence.
Similar topic: What Are the Enamel Safe Teeth Whitening Products?
How to whiten teeth fast
The development of dentistry has reached a high level and allows you to return the whiteness of the enamel quickly enough.
Toothpastes and tooth rinses allow you to achieve the desired result within a few weeks or months. Hydrogen peroxide-based products can make your smile shine in a month with regular use.
Semi-professional home systems give results in a week with daily use. Today you can find products that promise to bring back the whiteness of enamel in one evening.
But the fastest and most effective are the professional techniques used by dentists. In one hour at the doctor’s office, you can lighten your tooth enamel by 8-12 shades at once, with no risk to your health.
Check out the article for the Best Toothpaste for Whitening Teeth
Are home remedies effective in teeth whitening?
There are several folk methods that are quite actively used even at the current level of medicine. All of them are available in terms of price and method of application.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Sold at any drugstore. Peroxide oxidizes the organic matrix underneath the enamel and thus lightens it. The essence of the method is as follows: after brushing your teeth, you need to treat the enamel surface with a 3% solution of peroxide. You can do this with a clean cloth, rag or cotton swab. It must be done very carefully, because if the peroxide comes into contact with the gums or mucous membranes it can cause a burn. This method should not be used for a long time and often, as in addition to the coloring pigment the top layer of enamel is destroyed. Be extremely careful – do not swallow the peroxide.
- Baking Soda. Make a thick solution of soda, apply it to the brush and brush your teeth as usual. You can add more salt to the solution. The procedure can be performed once a week.
- Tea tree oil. Excellent restores and strengthens gums, reduces the amount of plaque. In the evening after hygienic brushing, put a few drops of oil on the brush and massage the teeth for a few minutes. This method will maintain a white shade of enamel. It is recommended to perform the procedure 1-2 times a week.
Many argue about the effectiveness of folk remedies for whitening teeth, but they have their place. Dentists are skeptical of such methods and recommend using special means.
Do you know How to Use Teeth Whitening Pen?
Teeth Whitening in Dentistry
In their practice, dentists use modern, effective and safe techniques for whitening teeth.
The active form of oxygen that is released during the activation of gels is the basis of almost all modern teeth whitening techniques. To enhance the effect of the gels, the process is conducted under the irradiation of halogen, LED or ultraviolet lamps.
The main advantages of teeth whitening at the dentist are:
- Quickness of the procedure. The average duration is no more than an hour.
- High efficiency. In one session, the tooth enamel can become 12 shades lighter.
- Duration of “wear.” With proper care, the result of the whiter smile will last up to 5-7 years.
- Safety of the procedure. The doctor carefully controls the entire process and minimizes the possible damage to health in all possible ways.
But there are a number of disadvantages (or inconveniences) that may arise for the patient during professional whitening of tooth enamel:
- Being in the same position for long periods of time. This may not be to everyone’s liking.
- There is an increased risk of developing enamel sensitivity.
- Coffee, strong tea and other colorful foods and beverages may be withheld for several days. You will need to minimize the number of cigarettes you smoke or give them up altogether.
- Dentures and fillings should not be whitened. This may require their replacement.
The latest advancement in professional whitening is laser whitening. It is a fast and gentle way to whiten enamel. The patient experiences minimal discomfort and the risk of burns is reduced to zero, since there is no heating of the tissues during the procedure.
The laser quickly penetrates into the enamel without drying it out. In addition, the radiation from the laser seals the enamel. However, the cost of this procedure is very high.
Can I whiten my artificial teeth?
Patients with ceramic and plastic dentures are often concerned about the possibility of changing the color of their dentures as well. Hydrogen peroxide can only have an effect on organic compounds. Therefore, it is not possible to whiten artificial teeth with conventional methods.
The best option would be the following sequence of actions:
- teeth whitening,
- The best course of action is as follows: whitening of the teeth, placement of dentures.
Otherwise, the artificial teeth will need to be replaced with new ones to match the new shade of the remaining teeth.
Filled teeth can also be whitened. If the patient does decide to have their teeth whitened, new fillings will need to be placed. This is especially true in the visible areas of the teeth.
Tooth Sensitivity After Whitening can be a problem…
How to whiten a pulpy tooth?
There is a special intracanal technology for such teeth. A peroxide solution is injected into the tooth cavity, and a temporary filling is placed.
Later, the dentist determines the degree to which the new shade matches the color of the remaining teeth. If the desired result is achieved, the residue is removed and a permanent filling is placed.
It is also possible to apply a whitening gel to one “right” tooth. This method can also be used at home.
Look at Teeth Color Chart. It is interesting!
What is the best way to whiten tetracycline teeth?
Tooth enamel can change its color while taking antibiotics of the tetracycline group. Teeth can become a dirty yellow, brown or dark gray color.
Children’s teeth are particularly susceptible to discoloration during their formative years and while taking this type of antibiotic. Such teeth are quite difficult to whiten, since the coloring pigment is located quite deeply.
No home remedies and techniques will bring results. The only way out in this case will be a trip to the dentist and professional whitening. In addition, there is a high probability that several procedures will be necessary.
Whitening Your Teeth Under Braces
Teeth in braces require special care. If a patient has neglected the doctor’s recommendations, consumed a lot of strong coffee or tea, the teeth become unsightly and take on a yellowish tint. It is better not to whiten teeth before the removal of braces, because most of the tooth is under the construction.
As a result, dark spots may appear on the teeth after the braces are removed as the whitening gels do not get under the construction.
Also, wearing braces is stressful for the tooth enamel as it is under a lot of pressure. It becomes more sensitive and fragile.
Therefore, those who wear braces are more prone to tooth decay. Dentists recommend postponing the whitening procedure until after the braces are removed.
The only true solution for people who wear braces is to make regular visits to the dentist hygienist to clean your teeth. This procedure will help get rid of yellow plaque.
Below we will take a closer look at the popular and most effective methods of whitening teeth at home.
Teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide
Can I whiten my teeth with hydrogen peroxide?
When the need arises to whiten teeth at home, many people use hydrogen peroxide. This product really works as an effective bleaching agent and is able to remove yellow plaque, pigment spots and stains.
Dentist about the advantages and disadvantages of teeth whitening with peroxide:
The principle of action
Penetrating into the enamel and dentin of the tooth, the drug reacts with dental tissues, releasing oxygen, the influence of which dissolves organic matter into simpler compounds. Thus, the oxygen promotes the removal of plaque.
Sometimes peroxide is used as an antiseptic – with colds gargle with it. For such gargles, a weakly concentrated solution is used, which does not affect enamel, but does not have a bleaching effect.
Indications for use
The whitening procedure is indicated in the following cases:
- Yellowing of enamel due to vicious smoking, drinking large amounts of coffee and tea.
- Regular use of preparations containing fluoride. These include toothpastes and preventive gels with a high content of this trace element. They can be used only periodically, as a preventive measure.
- Prolonged use of medications of the tetracycline group.
- The yellowing of the color of enamel as a result of the natural aging of the body.
Since the whitening procedure is quite harmful to the enamel of the teeth, before it begins, you should take measures that will minimize the likelihood of negative effects.
First of all, visit your dentist who will determine the condition of your teeth and enamel. Only people who have thick and fairly strong enamel are allowed to perform any manipulations with peroxide.
Your dentist will examine your teeth, identify areas of discoloration and yellowing, and determine the nature of their origin. If the yellowing is not on the outside but inside the tooth, peroxide will not give the expected whitening results.
There are quite a few different ways to whiten teeth with peroxide, and they all have a good effect.
Important! Only 3% peroxide may be used, as more concentrated solutions will inevitably lead to damage to enamel.
Rinse with peroxide
rinsing with pure peroxide is one of the easiest ways, so it is recommended for people who have limited time. So, the rinse procedure takes no more than 5-10 seconds, which is very convenient if you are rushing to work in the morning and do not have the opportunity to spend time on the preparation of compositions.
It is not necessary to keep the product in the mouth for more than 10 seconds – this will help minimize the risk of deterioration of enamel. During the procedure, there may be a tingling and some burning – this is absolutely normal, so do not worry. After rinsing, you need to soak a cotton swab in the preparation and gently wipe the problem areas.
Then rinse your mouth with warm water and refrain from eating and drinking for at least 30 minutes.
For preventive purposes, it is recommended to use this method once a week. If you need to lighten teeth and remove pigmented plaque, rinse your mouth once a day. As a rule, this procedure works quickly and the effect of it becomes noticeable after 2-3 weeks.
Brushing with a toothbrush
This method also does not take much time and effort.
Whitening is done in three steps:
- First, brush your teeth with a paste containing fluoride.
- Then mix equal proportions of warm water and peroxide in a glass and, dipping the brush into the glass, brush your teeth for 1 minute.
- Rinse your mouth and refrain from eating or drinking anything for the next 30 minutes after the procedure.
Hydrogen peroxide and soda mixture
Soda is an excellent whitening agent. There are recipes for teeth whitening using baking soda alone. When you use it in combination with peroxide you will get the maximum benefit and visible results.
The process itself performs as follows:
- First of all, prepare a thick porridge from peroxide and baking soda.
- Then apply it to the surface of the teeth. You can use a cotton swab or your fingers to do this.
- Leave the mixture on your teeth for 3 minutes, then rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Afterwards, brush your teeth with a fluoride toothpaste.
When using baking soda and peroxide, it is important to adhere to the following rules:
- Do not use a toothbrush, especially one with a stiff lint, to apply the mixture.
- Avoid contact of the mixture with mucous membranes and gums.
- Do not allow the mixture to come into contact with your teeth for more than 3 minutes.
Peroxide and water: a formulation for whitening teeth
The whitening process consists of three steps:
- Brushing your teeth with a fluoride toothpaste. It has a protective effect on the enamel and prevents it from deteriorating.
- Next, you will need to prepare a rinse. To this end, mix peroxide with boiled water in equal proportions. The duration of the rinse is one minute.
- At the end, rinse your mouth with normal water, which will wash away the rest of the drug. For 30 minutes after the procedure, it is not recommended to eat or drink.
You can mix the peroxide with toothpaste
Mix in equal proportions peroxide and toothpaste in a small container and apply the resulting mixture in the morning to brush your teeth.
Peroxide solution with baking soda and salt
To prepare the solution properly, you will need:
- 1 part peroxide.
- Two parts water.
- A pinch of salt.
- A pinch of soda.
With the obtained solution, rinse your mouth for 1 minute.
Soda, hydrogen peroxide, lemon
Prepare a mush of 2-3 drops of lemon juice, peroxide and baking soda. Apply the mixture to a soft toothbrush and gently brush your teeth.
Peroxide-based enamel whitening gels
Today you can find on the market special gels that contain hydrogen peroxide and a special substance – carbamide, which, due to its properties, on contact with the air promotes the active production of oxygen.
Among the most common whitening gels are:
- White Perfect – this product is often used by professional dentists, which is a confirmation of its compliance with all safety requirements.
- Brilliant – a gentle product, suitable for owners of sensitive enamel.
- Teeth Whitening Pen – the product is available as a pencil with a brush, which greatly facilitates the application process.
- White Light – the gel is designed for use with mouth guards and a UV lamp. Those who have decided to use this particular product will have to take care of the purchase of a lamp and a mouth guard.
- Before using peroxide, you should do a sensitivity test by applying the product to the inside of the elbow bend.
- Peroxide is a very strong oxidizing agent. It can not only lighten your teeth, but also lead to increased tooth sensitivity. Therefore, people who feel discomfort or painful sensations on their teeth while eating hot or very cold food should refuse to use this product.
- Also, people who have periodontal disease, tooth decay and wisdom teeth that are erupting should not use this product.
- Do not use peroxide in children under the age of 12, because their dental enamel is still in its developmental stage and is of low density. Pregnant women and people wearing braces or crowns should not use peroxide as a tooth whitener.
Attention! Do not use peroxide to whiten teeth more than 1 course, consisting of 2-3 weeks, every 2-3 months.
How to whiten teeth with baking soda
Soda solution is even used in professional dentistry. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it is successfully used to clean plaque and get rid of harmful bacteria.
Baking soda only copes with plaque. With its help you can clean your teeth just as effectively as a special abrasive paste. Other causes of enamel discoloration require comprehensive treatment, so you should have your teeth checked by your dentist before whitening with baking soda. If they are healthy, and their surface is not sensitive, you can proceed with the procedure.
How to whiten teeth with baking soda without harm
Is it possible to whiten the teeth with baking soda? There is a lot of conflicting information when searching for an answer to this question. Some reviews about this procedure describe negative consequences after its implementation, but they are caused by illiterate use of baking soda, violation of the proportions of the remedy, as well as its excessively frequent application.
The complex action of sodium bicarbonate allows you to maintain a healthy mouth and a radiant smile, without resorting to expensive dental manipulations. It is important to remember that only healthy teeth with strong enamel should be cleaned with bicarbonate of soda. In other cases, only your dentist can find a solution.
Rules of preparation for the procedure
Before you first whiten teeth with plaque with baking soda, it is important to make sure that the body has enough minerals. For this purpose, beforehand for a month should be carried out activities aimed at strengthening the enamel.
It is necessary to consume products rich in calcium and phosphorus. In the winter it is important to drink mineral complexes, all year round – to use fluoride pastes.
Teeth whitening with baking soda at home can be done with gauze wrapped around the finger or a toothbrush. They should be dipped in moistened baking soda or a mixture of baking soda and toothpaste. After that, rinse your mouth and gently work the surface of the teeth from the outside to the inside. Rough motions should be avoided, pressing hard on the tooth.
Rinse your mouth thoroughly again, removing the remains of the powder. The effect will manifest itself immediately. In addition, the unpleasant odor will go away, and the oral cavity will be alkalized, which is useful for overactive pathogens. It is allowed to brush your teeth with baking soda once every 7-10 days.
Whitening and the use of baking soda against plaque gives good results already after the first procedure. Otherwise, the method would not be so widespread. With the visible effectiveness of the method has additional advantages:
- relative safety (as compared to chemical bleaching);
- ease of manipulation, the ability to whiten teeth at home, when it is convenient;
- Performance, especially noticeable with heavy plaque.
With frequent bleaching with baking soda is possible damage and the emergence of enamel sensitivity, excessive bleeding of the gums. This will end in periodontal disease, diseases of the circulatory system. It is not excluded the appearance of stains on the teeth, wedge defects, cavities, and other lesions.
Those whose enamel color is naturally yellowish or bluish cannot achieve a snow-white smile with baking soda. It will clean plaque and polish teeth.
Applying baking soda in the designated amounts and following the process of its application to the teeth, you can effectively and harmlessly brighten them.
You can use baking soda in several ways, each person individually selects a convenient option for themselves.
The simple way
In this case, pure baking soda powder is used. It should be applied to a piece of gauze (pre-moistened in water), a cotton swab, a finger, in rare cases, if there is confidence that the enamel on the teeth is thick, then the soda is poured directly on the toothbrush.
One of the selected tools should treat each tooth individually.
Then rinse your mouth well and brush your teeth with a regular toothpaste. Rinse everything again. After the first application, the color of the tooth enamel will be one (and in some cases two) shades lighter.
But this method of whitening can be used no more than 4 times a month, otherwise the abrasive particles present in the baking soda powder will intensively destroy the integrity of the enamel. The danger is that they act at a micro level and immediately their harm will not be noticeable!
Sometimes there are variants of using baking soda powder together with toothpaste, but here there is a high probability that it will neutralize the effect of some of the ingredients of the paste, and the result will not be able to consolidate.
The Tasty Way
In the summer time when whitening teeth will help flavorful strawberries. It has malic acid, which enhances the action of baking soda and helps to achieve effective whitening. There are several recipes for preparing such a whitening composition:
Grate strawberries into a puree and to the resulting mass add 1/3 of the baking soda from the resulting volume.
Teeth should be pre-cleaned with toothpaste, and then apply the strawberry whitening composition and hold it for 10 minutes.
Five minutes will be enough for the first time. If the enamel is thin, you can reduce the exposure time. After the procedure, the teeth should be cleaned again with a paste, making sure that it contains fluoride.
Crush one medium-sized strawberry and add to it 1 teaspoon without a handful of baking soda. Stir the mixture until a homogeneous consistency, and then take small portions of the mixture and rub into the teeth in a circular motion, it should take no more than three minutes to treat the entire mouth, then the rest of the mixture should be thoroughly rinsed out.
This composition is very aggressive, so it is so important not to exceed the time of its use, so as not to scratch the enamel.
Method with peroxide
This option has a strong whitening effect, because when soda and hydrogen peroxide are combined, an aggressive mixture is formed. It can be used by people with thick enamel, otherwise these components can make teeth hypersensitive, and even provoke periodontal disease. More about this method we have already written above.
In this variant of whitening is used lemon, or rather its juice. In the recipe for one part of it, there are two parts of baking soda. If the amount of lemon ingredient is more, it can cause deterioration of enamel, and lead to an increase in its porosity, and as a consequence, the appearance of tooth decay.
So, for those who are afraid to risk the condition of their teeth, it is better to use lemon peels. For whitening you should chew them, but not more than 4 times a month, because the acid they contain can eat away the enamel.
The three component method
It includes using: baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice.
To prepare the whitening composition, you need to maintain the following proportions:
- 0.5 tsp each of lemon juice and baking soda;
- 5 drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
Such a mixture is applied to the teeth with the pads of the fingers. A brush should not be used in this case. The composition is applied gently, while avoiding its contact with the gums.
This method increases the sensitivity of the teeth and you should not eat hot or cold foods for an hour afterwards.
Each of these methods can have a whitening effect, but you need to consider the condition of your teeth and enamel when choosing one of them.
Safe brushing with baking soda
In this case, a soda solution is used. It is prepared from 1 tsp of baking soda powder and 250 ml of warm water. You need to wet a toothbrush in it and brush your teeth. Compared with other methods, this method is more gentle. To achieve the whitening effect with the help of it you need a longer time.
Guidelines for whitening
Permanent result without damage to the teeth is achieved by following a few rules:
- The frequency of application of the above methods should not exceed 1 time in 7-10 days. Daily application of baking soda is prohibited.
- In the intervals between procedures, you need to brush your teeth with pastes containing high minerals, fluoride products are excellent.
- If after several procedures the teeth became too sensitive, then it is worth to stop whitening them and switch to pastes that strengthen the enamel.
- Baking soda whitening should be carried out using a cotton swab, disk or gauze cuttings. A toothbrush can aggravate the effect of abrasive components.
Teeth whitening with tea tree oil at home
Teeth whitening with tea tree oil is an inexpensive but effective method. Let’s consider whether the method is really as effective as they say, and whether it is worth using.
Healing properties of tea tree
Tea tree oil is a medicinal substance that is produced from the Melaleuca Alternifolia (melaleuca) plant, which grows in Australia. This natural product has proven itself not only in folk medicine, but also in official medicine.
Because of its medicinal properties, it is often used in dentistry. It successfully fights against pathogenic microbes living in the oral cavity, stops inflammatory processes, soothes irritated mucosa. You can buy this medicine in almost any pharmacy.
Many people suffering from various skin or fungal infections, lichen, know about the antifungal and antiviral properties of the oil, so they use it to solve their health problems. The product is also suitable for the treatment of dandruff and scalp care.
Dentists value melaleuca oil for its healing properties, so they recommend it to their patients.
Note: Using the oil to remove yellowing from tooth enamel is a delicate and gentle method of whitening. The product does not contain abrasive substances and aggressive components that can damage the tooth coating, so you can use it without fear. The active ingredients of the oil soften dental plaque, returning the enamel to its natural color.
Tea tree has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, regenerative and soothing properties. Useful substances in its composition have a detrimental effect on fungi and germs, soothe irritation, reduce inflammation and accelerate the healing process.
Since the drug is rich in useful substances, it is used not only to restore the teeth to their original white color, but also for the treatment and prevention of certain dental diseases. What problems does this remedy help to eliminate?
- Inflammatory gum diseases. Tea tree has a beneficial effect on the gums, soothing them and eliminating bleeding. Dentists in Australia often recommend it as part of a mouthwash for their patients.
- Tartar. The active ingredients of melaleuca oil dissolve soft and stale, hardened plaque. Regular use of this product can gradually get rid of tartar.
- Bad breath. This problem causes a lot of inconvenience not only to the person himself, but also to the people with whom he interacts. The cause of bad breath is the life products of pathogens that actively reproduce in the mouth in various diseases. Due to its disinfectant properties, the oil is great for refreshing and revitalizing the oral cavity, helps to destroy pathogenic bacteria.
- Cavities. Cariesogenic bacteria living in a person’s mouth destroy tooth enamel, causing the development of such a common disease as dental caries. Virtually everyone is affected in some way.
Warning! To prevent caries, it is possible to enrich dental hygiene procedures with Melaleuca oil. To increase its effectiveness, it can be used in combination with such plants as field horsetail, neem, burdock.
They are rich in antimicrobial, wound healing and other substances that restore the microflora of the oral cavity, favorably affecting the tooth and gum tissue.
How to whiten your teeth with tea tree oil
There are many ways to use the product. If you do not have time or desire to look for any complicated recipes, it is recommended to simply pour 2-3 drops of oil in toothpaste and use it to brush your teeth. You can drop the oil on a brush and brush your teeth without paste.
Another option is to use the product as a rinse. This will require half a cup of mineral water, in which you need to add 2-3 drops of oil. Rinse your mouth with this solution after brushing.
You can also apply the preparation to the teeth with a small piece of absorbent cotton or gauze, gently rub it in, wait a few minutes until the active ingredients act, and then rinse your mouth with water. It is not recommended to eat immediately after bleaching.
You need to wait some time for the product to work on the tooth coating to get results. In addition, after brushing, the taste of the oil can be felt in the mouth and can ruin the taste of food.
Let’s take a closer look at how to properly whiten your teeth. First, you need to clean your teeth well with a brush and toothpaste to remove the bulk of the plaque and remove food debris. Then drop two or three drops of oil on the washed brush. Brush again. After that, remove the oil by rinsing your mouth with water.
Tea tree oil is actively used in dentistry, in addition to whitening it has antiseptic and antibacterial effects, beneficial effects on the gums, reducing their bleeding.
When using tea tree oil, follow the dosage. Just a few drops will suffice, because the product is quite concentrated.
If you exceed the dosage, you may experience discomfort in the mouth. After the first applications, you may feel some numbness on the tongue. After the procedure, it is necessary to rinse your mouth well with water.
Important: It is best to choose undiluted oil of good quality. It costs more, but the effect from it is much better than from a cheap product.
To achieve results, you need to do the above procedure every day. The result will be noticeable in a week. After that, it will be enough to use this method a couple of times a week. Regular application of the product will keep your teeth in good condition.
What effect should you expect?
If you carry out the above manipulations for a week, a visible result will not be long in coming. At first, many people feel a slight numbness on the tongue or an unpleasant taste in the mouth, but after a while these sensations disappear and the enamel noticeably brightens.
How clean your teeth get will depend on their natural color and the amount of deposits. During the whitening process, beneficial substances penetrate the gums, strengthening and revitalizing them. Hard dental plaque gradually dissolves.
After a week of whitening the effects are already visible. To consolidate and improve the result, you should continue to periodically brush your teeth with tea tree oil. This will help get rid of various dental problems, strengthen tooth enamel and gums.
Tea tree essential oil for teeth has a number of beneficial properties – it gently whitens enamel to its natural hue and cleans teeth of plaque, which breeds pathogens that cause gum inflammation.
Contraindications to the use of the remedy
Despite the abundance of therapeutic properties, tea tree oil has some contraindications, which must be studied before you start using the product. The use of the oil is contraindicated:
- people allergic to thyme or celery (melaleuca can also cause allergic reactions);
- Women during pregnancy and lactation;
- children and adolescents under the age of 16.
Tea tree oil allergy
Allergy to tea tree oil is very rare, but before using it, it is still worth to test for the occurrence of allergies.
It is desirable to use tea tree oil not longer than two weeks in a row. Otherwise, you can get the opposite effect – thinning of enamel and increased tooth sensitivity.
Recommendations for the use of the remedy
In order for the treatment and whitening of teeth to be effective, you need to buy high-quality, undiluted oil. It has a higher cost, but is still cheaper than many professional teeth whitening products.
Important: Since the product is very concentrated, you do not need to use it in large quantities. Just a couple of drops are enough for application.
There is no doubt that with the above methods you can improve (brighten) the color of your teeth, return partially or almost completely the former whiteness of the enamel.
Although modern dental whitening methods are more effective and safer, you can whiten your teeth at home without harming your teeth or gums by following the right recommendations. It’s up to you to decide which method is best for you to achieve a whiter smile.