It can be scary and painful to have declining gums, however you don’t have to stress.
There are a number of actions you can take at home that may function as effective treatment for declining gums, depending upon the seriousness of the issue. The initial step for attending to an oral health matter is to consult your dental expert to find out whether your oral health requires further measures.
Causes of Gum Recession
Gingival economic crisis, or gum economic crisis, is what happens when gum tissue is recessed and decreases its position on the tooth, exposing the roots of the teeth. This can be triggered by any number of life practices, and your course of treatment is frequently depending on the cause of the problem.
The following are a few of the most common causes of gum recession:
- Overly aggressive brushing or flossing. It’s great to be enthusiastic about oral care, however according to an article in the Journal of Periodontology Online, you should make sure that you’re brushing, not scrubbing!
- Never ever use a tooth brush that isn’t really labeled “soft.” Be mild on your teeth, and remember that taking care of them isn’t really expected to hurt.
- Genes. Your gums’ characteristics are determined by your genetics, simply as the rest of your body is. If one or both of your parents have gum economic crisis, you’re at a higher risk for receding gums.
- Abnormal tooth positioning. If your teeth are not in positioning to one another, gum recession can occur in this scenario.
- Grinding your teeth, or bruxism. Do you frequently get up with a headache? Does your spouse or partner complain that you grind your teeth? This routine can be the cause of numerous dental maladies, not simply gum economic crisis, so let your dental expert understand immediately if you believe you are grinding your teeth. Teeth grinding can be treated easily and painlessly with a mouth guard and a number of other choices.
- Trauma to gum tissue. The gum tissue might decline when a traumatic injury has happened on a tooth or teeth.
- Poor oral health. If your oral health routines are doubtful, gum economic downturn may be an outcome of periodontitis.
Do not worry. No matter what caused your gum economic downturn, there is a treatment.
Receding Gums Treatment
If you are only mildly affected by declining gums, that’s terrific! Catching it early methods that you likely won’t require expert treatment to fix it. Your dental practitioner will assist you identify the cause and will instruct you in how to address it. You might have to re-evaluate your flossing practices, get a mouth guard and buy a different toothbrush, such as the Colgate ® Wave Gum Convenience tooth brush.
If you do require treatment, your dental practitioner will work with a periodontist, a gum professional, to decide on the best course of action. In addition to assisting you alter the practices that triggered the gum economic downturn, your dental professional will identify whether you would take advantage of a special, much deeper cleansing called a scaling and root planing. This is regularly the option when your gum recession is brought on by periodontitis. You’ll also receive a brand-new toothbrush and instructions in how best to care for your mouth to assist it recover.
Depending on the cause of your gum recession, you may need to have surgical treatment.
This procedure will be done by your periodontist and is called a gum graft. Your periodontist can tell you more about this procedure and what to expect.
Looking after your oral health is very important. Your mouth is a fantastic indication of your basic health, and an oral infection can affect your whole body. Be gentle with your teeth, and go to the dental practitioner if you have any persistent pain.