There is a common belief today about cavities that when you have tooth decay, that cavity can NOT be reversed. Then the only solution to oral health is to have part of your tooth drilled out and filled with an artificial product. However, it’s been proven that there are ways to reverse cavities naturally.
In reality, inning accordance with a research study released in the British Medical Journal, cavities and dental caries might potentially be reversed with diet.
A study was carried out on 62 children with cavities, and they were divided into 3 different diet groups. Group 1 consumed a basic diet plus oatmeal (abundant in phytic acid). Group 2 taken in a typical diet and supplemented with vitamin D. Group 3 ate a grain-free diet and took vitamin D.
The results discovered that Group 1 who had a diet high in grains and phytic acid had an increase in cavities. Group 2 had enhancements in cavities and less form. Group 3, who followed a grain-free diet with nutrient-rich foods like veggies, fruits, meat, milk and took vitamin D, saw the greatest improvements– almost all cavities were recovered.
This study, in addition to the backing of many physicians and dental practitioners, shows we have been misguided about what causes cavities and how to reverse cavities naturally.
Dental practitioner Ramiel Nagel, who authored the book “Treat Dental caries,” has actually assisted much of his patients “reverse” their tooth decay and would rather not put in harmful amalgam fillings. He thinks that you can avoid cavities with nutrient-rich foods.
In this post, I am going to go over the causes of tooth decay and how it might be avoided and in a lot of cases even reversed.
The Cause of Tooth Cavities
To understand the link in between diet and oral wellness, we must begin with among the most well-respected dentists who ever lived, Weston A. Price.
West A. Price resided in the early 1900s and was the chairman of the National Dental Association (1914– 1923) and a pioneer for the American Dental Association (ADA).
Weston Price traveled the world browsing to find what causes tooth decay. Dr. Price found a typical link in between eating modern foods and cavities. He saw that lots of indigenous separated people had perfect teeth and little dental caries. Once they were exposed to a Western diet, they experienced tooth decay, bone loss and chronic illness.
According to the ADA, this is the cause of dental caries:
” [Dental caries] happens when foods consisting of carbs (sugars and starches) such as milk, pop, raisins, cakes or sweet are often left on the teeth. Bacteria that reside in the mouth thrive on these foods, producing acids as a result. Over a time period, these acids destroy tooth enamel, resulting in tooth decay.”
But the reality is the ADA is only hitting on among the 4 things that can add to dental caries.
According to the insights of Dr. Edward Mellanby, Dr. Weston Price and Dr. Ramiel Nagel, there are 4 main points that contribute to tooth decay:
- Lack of minerals in the diet (calcium deficiency, magnesium shortage and phosphorus shortage).
- Lack of fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K, especially vitamin D deficiency).
- Too much consumption of phytic acid-rich foods.
- Too much usage of processed sugar.
Let’s discuss the four aspects that cause tooth decay and how they can be attended to with diet, along with methods to reverse cavities naturally.
How to Reverse Cavities Naturally
Do not be deceived, in addition to brushing and flossing daily, there are numerous methods you can reverse cavities naturally and maximize your oral health without resorting to taking in fluoride. Here are simply a few methods to reverse cavities naturally for you to consider, while also avoiding fluoride:
Probably the worst offender of them all for anyone who desires healthy, cavity-free teeth, sugar ought to be prevented like the afflict. So kick that sugar dependency stat. Not just does sugar feed oral bacteria that avoids a healthy flow of dental fluids, but it’s extremely acidic and can literally decalcify or demineralize the structural content of teeth that produce dental decay.
This suggests keeping away from soda, candy and baked products with sugar. Furthermore, use raw honey and maple syrup, and drink juices moderately, as excessive sugar can add to cavity formation. Beware of sweetening agents because of their health threats too. Bottom line: Make stevia your new buddy along with raw honey in small amounts!
Eliminate Phytic Acid
Phytic acid (phytate) is a mineral blocker and enzyme inhibitor found in grains, nuts, seeds and beans that can cause major health issue in our diets. The main reason phytic acid has become a concern today is because we have actually stopped ancient food preparation methods, such as sprouting or sourdough fermentation, which kills off the phytic acid.
Inning accordance with research published in the The Lancet, a diet high in phytic acid produces mineral shortages and causes osteoporosis. About 80 percent of phosphorus in grains and beans is bound to phytic acid so it’s totally unabsorbable. In addition to blocking phosphorus schedule in humans, these particles bind minerals required for oral health, such as calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc– thus causing them to be not available for correct usage. Consuming foods high in phytic acid reduces magnesium absorption by 60 percent and zinc by 20 percent.
Phytic acid not just avoids you from absorbing minerals in your food, but it also seeps minerals out of your body, bones and teeth!
Subsequently, the effective anti-nutritional impacts of phytic acid have been understood to cause digestion disorders, absence of hunger, nutrient shortages and tooth decay. An excellent rule of thumb is to limit your grain intake and stay completely clear from unfermented soy products.
Since phytic acid is much higher in foods grown utilizing modern high-phosphate fertilizers than those grown in natural garden compost, attempt to just eat foods that are natural and GMO-free. If you’re intending to enhance your health and reverse cavities naturally, foods high in phytic acid like grains, beans, nuts and soy should be avoided. However, if you soak grains or nuts and after that grow them or do sourdough fermentation, you can minimize phytic acid by around HALF to One Hundred Percent.
Consume Raw Dairy and Nutrient-Rich Foods
Raw dairy is filled with the vitamins and minerals that contribute to a healthy dental fluid flow and assistance keep strong teeth and promote oral wellness. Hence, it’s a great way to get cavity-free teeth. Loaded with calcium, vitamin K2, vitamin D3, magnesium, phosphorus and fat-soluble vitamins, it’s a good idea to take in raw dairy products at least weekly. I advise goat milk kefir, raw cheeses and organic grass-fed butter as terrific alternatives.
Remember, if you’re going to beat tooth decay, you have to increase your fat-soluble vitamin intake and mineral intake. If I were developing an ideal diet to follow, it would look like this:
- Rich in animal foods like bone broth, meat, fish and eggs.
- Raw and prepared veggies, particularly green leafy vegetables.
- Raw dairy like kefir, cheese and grass-fed butter.
- Fruit, one piece daily early in day.
- Vitamin D– get a lot of sunshine, and days not in sun supplement with 5,000 IU daily of D3.
- Foods high in healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado, olives, and fish or fermented cod liver oil.
- Fermented grains only and in moderation, such as true sourdough bread (or perhaps better no grains at all).
- You can buy raw flours and breads.
- Nuts, seeds and beans just that have been sprouted.
- Lastly, NO processed foods, packaged foods or junk food.
Use Mineralizing Toothpaste
To start with, I understand it can get pricey, however there are a number of brand names of fluoride-free toothpaste that you will not have to pay a little fortune to get your hands on. Second, if you’re looking to conserve a buck or 2 and also wish to remineralize your teeth in a particularly powerful method, attempt making your own Homemade Remineralizing Tooth paste:
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil.
- 2 tablespoons baking soda (aluminum-free).
- 1 tablespoon xylitol or 1/8 teaspoon stevia.
- 20 drops peppermint or clove essential oil.
- 20 drops trace element or (calcium/magnesium powder).
Try Oil Pulling
Used for centuries by Ayurvedic medication, oil pulling is a wonderful oral cleansing procedure that has gotten some appeal in the U.S. the last numerous years. Merely done by swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth for 20 minutes, this basic oral cleansing procedure has actually been praised to treat whatever from gingivitis to headaches to systemic diseases like diabetes.
If you cannot do 20 minutes, three to 5 minutes is still great. I suggest using coconut oil or MCT oil and a drop or 2 of clove and/or tea tree vital oils for maximal antiseptic and antifungal power. Here are some tips:
- The best time to oil pull (like a lot of other cleansing treatments) is first thing in the morning right after you rise.
- Do not let the 20-minute timespan deter you. You will not even discover 20 minutes have passed if you do this during your normal morning regimen (i.e., while you shower, put your clothes on and preparation for the day).
- I then suggest that you spit the invested oil in the trash rather than into the sink, as an accumulation of oil might posture issues for household pipes down the road.
- Immediately afterward, rinse your mouth out with warm water. Use seawater for added antimicrobial properties.
- Don’t be stunned if the oil/saliva mix you spit out is milky white or yellow.
- Lastly, brush your teeth as typical.
Keep in mind: This should be a relatively relaxing process, so don’t feel forced to vigorously swish your mouth with oil for the whole time or else you’re bound to obtain sore jaw muscles. Simply and carefully move the oil in your mouth and through your teeth without swallowing any of it.
Reversing Cavities Tips
- There are 4 main points that add to dental caries: lack of minerals in the diet (calcium shortage, magnesium deficiency and phosphorus deficiency); lack of fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K, specifically vitamin D shortage); excessive intake of phytic acid-rich foods; and too much usage of processed sugar.
- You can reverse cavities naturally by eliminating sugar, removing phytic acid, consuming raw dairy and nutrient-rich foods, utilizing mineralizing tooth paste, and try oil pulling.
In a nutshell, these are the best methods to naturally reverse cavities. Take charge of your oral wellness today, and flaunt your new, healthy smile with pride!