If you are healthy, your gums shouldn’t bleed. But if it has already happened in your life, it’s a good idea to practice regular oral hygiene and follow a few rules to treat bleeding gums. So what are the “elements” of gum health?
For bleeding gums, dentists recommend simple but essential steps to help you regain healthy gums.
#1. Proper Brushing of Teeth and Gums
Plaque on the teeth is a common cause of many oral health problems, so it’s important to remove it regularly. Get a soft toothbrush and brush twice a day. Gently massage your gums, this will help strengthen them. Be very gentle and learn how to brush your teeth properly. Don’t forget to clean the tongue with the special back of the toothbrush. Use toothpastes labeled “for bleeding gums. They usually contain aluminum lactate, baking soda, herbal extracts and other substances to help fight the problem. Don’t forget the power of flossing: it can help remove plaque from hard-to-reach interdental spaces.
Rinsing removes food debris, pathogenic bacteria, and locally treats the gums. You can rinse your mouth with a soda solution, decoctions and diluted herbal tinctures (chamomile, St. John’s wort, nettle, sage, oak bark), or with a special dental rinse. Carefully read the instructions for use! In folk medicine, hydrogen peroxide, carrot juice, as well as sauerkraut (it should be chewed periodically) are used. Note that gargling for many diseases is only an additional, concomitant method of treatment.
Of the medicines that are traditionally used for bleeding gums, you can name Holisal, Metrogil Denta, Camistad, Asepta. All of these gels have both an analgesic effect, antiseptic and wound healing. If a child has gum problems, these gels will be the optimal remedy as a first aid.
Among the phytomedicines we found a liquid preparation for gargling Stomatophyt. It is made on the basis of herbal extracts that heal the gums. It has no side effects, but is not recommended for people who are allergic to chamomile and arnica.
#4. Dental Care
Try to take care of your dental health on a regular basis. Be sure to remove plaque, because it is an excellent breeding ground for bacteria. Plaque and tartar can also be removed at the dentist’s office with professional dental cleaning and AirFlow. This significantly improves the health of your mouth, restores the natural balance of bacteria, cleans hard-to-reach places, and restores the natural whiteness of your teeth. Moreover, such care is absolutely painless for the patient! It is recommended to have your teeth professionally cleaned once a year.
No matter how you fight the problem, it is necessary to establish a diet. To do this, keep in mind:
- It is important to watch the consumption of sugary foods and the fatty foods – they can increase bleeding gums.
- It’s important for all ages and especially for children and pregnant women to get enough vitamins and minerals. Provide a varied diet that includes fruits, vegetables, berries, meat, fish and dairy products. You can also use multivitamin complexes as prescribed by your doctor.
- It is especially important to avoid a deficiency of calcium, phosphorus, vitamins C, E, B1 and B2: they strengthen gums, teeth, prevent the formation of erosions on the mucous membranes.
- It is desirable to exclude from the diet of spicy, salty and sour foods, as they contribute to irritation of the mucous membranes.
- Almost all fruits and vegetables (and other plant foods), in addition to a whole complex of useful substances will give you a healthy mouth: they help to restore microflora and gently cleanse your teeth from plaque.
- And, of course, in the treatment process is important gentle diet: avoid the crumbs, nuts, caramel, and other hard foods that can hurt the mucous membranes.
Such a diet is desirable to observe the whole time of treatment until your gums are strong and healthy.
And finally we want to say that this problem can not “stifle” drugs, try to self-medicate. For maximum effect, you need to visit your dentist, who will prescribe the primary treatment and examination. You may have to visit several doctors and take tests, but eventually you will find out the real cause of the bleeding gums and eliminate it completely!